How it works
ABOUT USING iBIOGRAPHER
IT’S FREE FOR ALL TO USE!
Writing a biography is an exciting way of keeping a record of the major happenings of your life and members of your family. It’s not like other websites you may have visited or tried:
- It is FREE for everyone so no need to worry keeping up with paying for plans or subscriptions.
- It is private, secure and it is not connected to any data search, so no biography will come up in search engines.
- You can create a family tree.
- A central place to collaborate, gather all the information from everyone, build the biographies together, and share with family.
In iBiographer you can write about what the person did, accomplished, stories they told, jokes they made, where they travelled, how they lived, and what they enjoyed. You can upload photos, videos, music and important documents to make them come alive. Preserve their life in a way for everyone to remember, enjoy, and preserve for all generations to see. Bring them to life so you can give each generation a better understanding of their own history.
Creating a New Biography
1. Go to “CREATE NEW BIOGRAPHIES”. Fill in the information about the person and “Save”. On this page you can pick background color and border color if wanted
2.Click “ADD NEW EVENT”. Fill in “TITLE” – date is optional and begin writing. Start a chapter from any part of their life - beginning middle, present, or near the end of their life.
3.Create a “NEW EVENT” every time you want to do a new chapter or change topic.
4.Upload photos, videos, music or documents to go along with the story by clicking the icons in the Tool Bar. Follow the prompts for uploading.
5.Keep adding or editing the chapter by clicking “Modify” (paper with pen icon)
6.Once you have done a few chapters you can use the arrows to put them in chronological order.
7.You can also print the pages with the photos only and create a book. You can choose a background color or a border color if you wish by going to the " Modify Profile" on the right of the biography page and select the preferred background and border colors.
8.You can attach the biography to the individuals tree node in the FAMILY TREE for quick access and viewing by clicking “Attach biography to a Tree Node and selecting the name.
9.No need for family members to feel left out or fight over photos and documents. Invite people to the biography so everyone has them.
10.As the Host you will have the authority to add or delete any details added to any biography you host.
About Baby Bio
iBiographer keeps the whole family together and all in one home! No need to deal with different websites for the baby from the siblings, parents, or grandparents!
Start your baby’s journal. Track your children’s life story, record milestones and memories as they grow up and share with family all over the world. They will love to know you are doing this as they grow up and what a great gift to them!
It is the kind of website I wish had been available when my children were growing up so that I could have shared their lives easily with the extended family in Europe.
Baby Bio does all the same things as the regular biography but what makes it different?
1. It allows you to record and keep a journal of the baby’s medical, weight, and height information as well as all the activities and milestones in the child’s life.
2. You can continue to add this until the age of 13.
Track your children’s life journey, memories, and share it with family all over the globe so no one needs miss out on the excitement as they grow!
Creating a Family Tree
- 1. The Host is the account holder and therefore originator of the Family Tree.
- 2. The Host can add people to the Tree and indicate their relationship with other members. Continue building your Tree sideways and upward going as far as you want.
- 3. The Host user can include the relationship status of the members such as single, married, divorced, widow etc. to the family chart.
- 4. You can delete the person if it is not attached to another tree node. However, to delete someone who is attached to another tree node, for example if you want to delete a mother but she has a child and father attached to her you will need to delete the child first, then the father to then delete the mother.
- 5. To add a person’s biography, go to their Biography Page and click “Attach Biography to Tree Node”. Select the person and click ‘Attach Biography”
- 6. The Host can add family members to relatives names, branching off to create the person’s own family tree. When you click the Tree Icon with the number in, it will open to the relative’s tree where you can continue to add. Create as many branches from relatives as you wish.
- 7. The family tree indicating the relationship status of each member can be easily edited to make changes like marriage, divorce, death, new birth etc.
- 8. The Host can keep it private so that no one else can see it or share it with invited family and friends.
Relationships and family ties are important part of any family history and our family tree maker creates your own private family trees. Biographies of family members can be linked to your own family tree.
Your past is in the Family Tree. Add names, dates, photos and stories and share with your family.
A special family event coming up? Just like the biography the host can collaborate and create keepsake biographical video presentations for special occasions such as weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, bar/bat mitzvah, graduations, family reunions, funerals with family and friends all over the world. No need to miss any part of their life because you can’t get together to make it. The host can invite everyone to share their photos, videos, music to make the best life story possible for everyone to see at the special event.
You can even download it and give as a gift too!